The museum building is the oldest building in Hamina built for private use. The Russian Empress Catherine II and her cousin, King Gustavus III of Sweden, negotiated in the building in 1783.
The museum houses a permanent exhibition displaying the colourful history of Hamina, plus temporary exhibitions.
September-May Wed-Sat 12-16, Sun 12-17
June-August Tue-Sun 10-16
In the late 19th and early 20th century, Kasarminkatu street was a busy shopping street. The museum captures the mood of a Finnish-Russian shop and shopkeeper’s home of the early 20th century. The yard houses for example a smithery and craftsmen’s old facilities.
at other times for groups by appointment
During the Hamina Tattoo-week 31.7-5.8: